Tutorials and Howtos
Welcome to Tutorials and Howtos, a place of basic and advanced configuration tasks for your Alpine Linux.
The tutorials are hands-on and the reader is expected to try and achieve the goals described in each step, possibly with the help of a good examples. The output in one step is the starting point for the following step.
Howtos are smaller articles explaining how to perform a particular task with Alpine Linux. We encourage people to send in both complete articles as well as requesting topics to be covered. If you think you have the skills and knowledge to write an Alpine Linux related article please do so on this Wiki. If you want to request a topic, please add your request in this page Discussion.
- Setting up a basic vserver
- Setting up Logical Volumes with LVM
- Replacing non-Alpine Linux with Alpine remotely
- XFCE Setup
- Gnome Setup
- Enable Serial Console on Boot
- How to enable APK caching
- Installation of Alpine Linux in a virtual machine
- Setting up Alpine in a chroot
- Upgrading to Edge
- Setting up a software raid1 array
- Manually editing a existing apkovl
- Configure Networking
- Howto Configure a Network Bridge
- Howto Configure static routes
- Using serial modem
- Using HSDPA modem
- Using Alpine on Windows domain with IPSEC isolation
- Setting up Satellite Internet Connection
- Connecting to a wireless accesspoint
- Fault Tolerant Routing with Alpine Linux
- iSCSI Target and Initiator Configuration
- iSCSI Raid and Clustered File Systems
- High performance SCST iSCSI Target on Linux software Raid
- Setting Up Lighttpd With FastCGI
- Setting up a OpenVPN-server with Alpine
- Setting up Zaptel/Asterisk on Alpine
- Setting up Transmission (bittorrent) with Clutch WebUI
- Hosting services on Alpine (This applies to hosting mail, webservices and other services)
- Setting up a ssh-server
- Multiple Instances of Services
- ISP Mail Server HowTo (Postfix+PostfixAdmin+DoveCot+Roundcube+ClamAV+Spamd - A full-serivce ISP mail server)
- Freepbx on Alpine Linux
- Apache authentication: NTLM Single Signon
- Generating SSL certs with ACF
- Changing passwords for ACF
- Freeradius Active Directory Integration
- High Availability High Performance Web Cache uCarp + HAProxy for High Availability Services such as Squid web proxy
- 2600hz FreeSWITCH, Asterisk GUI web acces tool.
- Awstats Free log file analyzer.
- Drupal Content Management System (CMS) written in PHP.
- EyeOS Cloud Computing Desktop.
- FreePBX_V3 FreeSWITCH, Asterisk GUI web acces tool.
- Glpi Information Resource-Manager.
- MediaWiki Free web-based wiki software application
- Pastebin Pastebin software application
- Phpizabi Social Networking Platform.
- PhpPgAdmin Web-based administration tool for PostgreSQL.
- Phpmyadmin Web-based administration tool for MYSQL.
- Redmine Project management system
- Request-Tracker Ticket system
- Roundcube Webmail system
- Statusnet Microblogging Platform.
- Sqstat Script to look active squid users connections.
- Webmin A web-based interface for Linux system.
- WordPress Web software to create website or blog.
- Traffic monitoring (For Alpine Linux firewalls)
- Setting up traffic monitoring using rrdtool (and snmp)
- Setting up Smokeping (Smokeping network latency monitoring)
- Setting up Cacti
- Setting up NRPE daemon (Performs remote Nagios checks)
- Setting up Zabbix
- Setting Up Fprobe And Ntop NetFlow collection and analysis
- Setting up lm_sensors
- Formatting HD/Floppy/Other
- Screen on console
- Using espeak on Alpine Linux
- IPTV How To
- Error message on boot: Address space collision: host bridge window conflicts with Adaptor ROM
Those are not finished yet.
- Install Alpine on coLinux
- Using Racoon for Remote Sites
- Setting up Transparent Squid Proxy (Covers Squid proxy and URL Filtering system)
- Obtaining user information via SNMP (Using the Squark Squid authentication helper)
- Setting up Streaming an Asterisk Channel
- Setting up A Network Monitoring and Inventory System ((Nagios + OpenAudit and related components)
- Intrusion Detection using Snort Installing and configuring Snort and related applications on Alpine 2.0.x
- IP Accounting Installing and configuring pmacct for IP Accounting, Netflow/sFlow collector
- Howto Setup a Wireless Access Point Setting up Secure Wireless AP w/ WPA encryption with bridge to wired network
Those are candidates for rewriting/removal.