Talk:High performance SCST iSCSI Target on Linux software Raid
Hello, I have read though this article and made my own iscsi storage device for vSphere. I also managed to get the Multipath working, together with using vmware's round-robin mpio.
The image below shows my configuration, using a home-made server with Raid 50, two switches and an off-load iSCSI NIC with two ethernet ports. The storage server runs an Redhat-Linux with the scst-iscsi daemon.
To configure mpio I have done the follwing steps:
- configure routing on the storage server:
route add 10.252.0.11/32 eth1 route add 10.252.0.12/32 eth2
- manually add the corresponding ip-address to the nic (10.252.0.13 to vmhba34 and 10.252.0.10 to vmhba33)
- if I do ping-tests from the storage-server to the esxi-box, the packets come back from the expected interface
- the statistics (eg ifconfig) of the two nics show about the same throughput, indicating the mpio is working fine.
- I do not have any experience with vSphere 5
- if you are using the software-iscis from ESXi, you may use two different subnets. I have not testet this, so it is mainly an idea.