Release Notes for Alpine 3.11.0 (ideas)
List of possible release notes for 3.11.0
Rust now on almost all arches
Thanks to PureTryOut the following changes have been made:
Thanks to Leo the following changes have been made:
- spirv-headers, spirv-tools, glslang and shaderc are now in the repository.
- mpv >= 0.29.1-r5 now has Vulkan support
- wine >= 4.0.1-r1 has been recompiled with Vulkan and vkd3d support
- gst-plugins-bad >= 1.16.0-r2 now has Vulkan support
KDE Plasma and other KGoodies
Thanks to PureTryOut for moving the packages from the testing repository to the community repository and the people that tested it.
MinGW-w64 and DXVK support
/var/mail now default MAIL location
Packages now all use /var/mail instead of /var/spool/mail, in accordance with FHS:
NOTE: Upgrading from 3.10 to 3.11 requires manual intervention, /var/spool/mail needs to be moved to /var/mail
- alpine-baselayout >= 3.2.0-r0 now creates /var/mail and symlinks /var/spool/mail to it
- tcsh >= 6.21.00-r0 now sets MAILDIR to /var/mail/$USER if it exists
- mutt >= 1.12.1-r1 is now configured to use /var/mail instead of /var/spool/mail
- heirloom-mailx >= 12.4-r7 now uses /var/mail
- opensmtpd >= 6.0.3p1-r4 now uses /var/mail
- s-nail >= 14.9.13-r2 now uses /var/mail
Changes in abuild
The following changes have been made in abuild:
Fix condition check for -dev subpackage to get static libraries
Before this fix abuild would include the static libraries in the -dev subpackage even when -static was defined in subpackages, causing the latter to fail.
Now the check is properly done.
default_static now depends on depends_static
default_static used to completely cancel out any dependencies but now it depends on all packages listed in the depends_static variable.
newapkbuild -y now depends on py3-setuptools instead of python3-dev
When using newapkbuild to make py3- packages the default definition now includes only py3-setuptools instead of python3-dev as the first one is used in almost all cases while python3-dev is used only when linking to the python3 library.
Better checking of SPDX compliance
Abuild now checks the /usr/share/spdx/license.lst more accurately, before the new check it would not match the whole line and wrong definitions like 'GPL-3.0' would match while the only valid ones in that case were 'GPL-3.0-or-later' and 'GPL-3.0-only'.