Bootstrapping new architectures
abuild, since 2.17.0, more or less supports creating cross-compiler and cross-compiling. That still needs a little bit of polishing, same goes to my scripts. All my scripts and example configs are located at http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~tteras/bootstrap
- Decide on toolchain name (triplet), and update gcc aport to add proper configure flags for it
- Create cross compiler
- Write abuild-createcross-$ARCH.conf for it, and use createcross-toolchain.sh to create a cross-compiler.
- Cross compile minimal system image
- With above generated toolchain, you can use crossbuild-alpine-bootstrap.sh to create the minimal image.
- Setup new box
- If running on new hardware, you also need to prepare kernel images, initramfs and modloop to create the initial bootimage.
- If running as vserver guest, you can just install the .apks from previous step.
- Setup builder.