Copy Alpine to a Flash Medium
- Insert the removable flash medium (CF or USB stick) into the computer.
- Determine the name your computer uses for your flash medium. The following step is one way to do this.
- After inserting the flash medium, run the command:
- At the end of this command you should see the name of your flash medium, likely starting with "sd". (For example: "sda").
- The remainder of this document will assume that your flash medium is called /dev/sda
- Format the flash medium with a VFAT filesystem:
mkdosfs -F32 /dev/sda1
- Mount the Alpine Linux CD-ROM, and copy the files to the flash medium
cp -a .alpine-release * /media/sda1/