Release Notes for Alpine 2.0.1
This is a bugfix release.
- security related kernel fixes from upstream (which was never exploitable due to PaX)
- fix booting on soekris 4801
- alpine-vserver iso image not booting
Important notes when upgrading from v1.10
- The v2.0 series introduces an ABI-incompatible version of uClibc with NPTL threading support. This means that you cannot mix packages from older relases with v2.0. To upgrade you will need to make sure that you only have v2.0 repositories in your /etc/apk/repositories list and then do:
- You must remove GNU wget before doing the upgrade and only use busybox wget.
- All .so links moved to -dev package. It might be an idea to remove alpine-sdk and all *-dev packages before doing the upgrade. If you get problems due to a -dev package want overwrite a .so file owned by other package then you might want use the --force option.