Revision as of 18:07, 20 October 2017 by Jirutka (Python 2 modules should be prefixed with py2-, not py-)
The Alpine Linux Package Policies describe some of the policies when creating packages.
- All package names should be lowercase.
- Development files are placed in subpackages with -dev suffix (i.e uclibc-dev)
- Documentation files (incl. man pages) are placed in subpackages with -doc suffix (i.e expat-doc)
- Lua modules (not applications) are prefixed with lua-. (i.e lua-posix)
- Perl modules (not applications) are prefixed with perl-. (i.e perl-xml-parser)
- Python 2 modules (not applications) are prefixed with py2-. (i.e py2-libxml2)
- Python 3 modules (not applications) are prefixed with py3-. (i.e py3-libxml2)
- Kernels and third party modules should be suffixed with the kernel flavor. (i.e -grsec or -vserver).
- Don't use - sign in kernel flavor name.
- Specify KERNEL_FLAVOR_DEFAULT as your kernel flavor, if you want boot your kernel by default.
- Package versions are similar to gentoo.