What is ownCloud?
ownCloud gives you easy and universal access to all of your files. It also provides a platform to easily view, sync and share your contacts, calendars, bookmarks and files across all your devices. ownCloud 3 brings loads of new features and hundred of fixes…
- Sharing at the click of a button
We like to share things, so we made sure you can do that easily. You can share files with other users in your ownCloud instance or through a public link that you can send to anyone.
- Explore your photos
ownCloud features a photo gallery application to help, view and organize photos of different file types. Photo albums are automatically created for uploaded photos and make it easy to scroll through your pictures.
- Edit your files on the go
With ownCloud, you can access and edit your documents in multiple ways. You can edit text files directly in your browser with the online text editor, or mount your files locally via WebDAV, viewing and editing them with the desktop apps you are used to.
Set up ownCloud on Alpine Linux
This document will be a quick c/p guide to setup this file sharing system on Alpine linux. What we will setup is the following:
- Lighttpd with PHP
Install lighttpd, PHP, and MySql
For installing the additional packages first activate community packages:
Uncomment the following:
Update the packagelist:
Install the additional packages:
Edit the section:
Start lighttpd service and add to needed runlevel
Install extra packages:
Installing and configuring ownCloud
- Make webapps folder
- Change Folder Persmissions
- Make symlinks to ownCloud
Config and start MySql
Create the ownCloud database
Config your ownCloud
- "Create a administrator account"
- User Name: <username> - new admin username
- Password: <password> - new admin password
- "Set the storage folder:"
- </usr/share/webapps/owncloud/data> - Storage folder
- "Configure the database"
- User Name: <username> - db admin username
- Password: <password> - db admin password
- Database Name: owncloud - db name
- Database Host: localhost - db host
After you've done that, click "Complete Installation"
You have ownCloud working, to access go to http://WEBSERVER_IP_ADDRESS/owncloud and enjoy!