This is a list of things need to be done in close future:
- diff: support for -n option (needed by rcs) NOTE: might not be needed! use rcs from openbsd instead.
- ssmtp applet (needed by send-pr/sendbug)
- mktemp: -p and -t option (needed by vserver)
- grep: support for -x option (needed by vserver)
- /bin/sh: support for -l option (needed by vserver) (fixed)
- add support for start-stop-daemon -R/--retry (needed by postgresql)
- test vserver and decide if we will continue support it (done)
- vserver install docs (partly done)
- rename vmlinuz to bzImage and rename modules.cmg to modloop.cmg (done)
- create a dir struc for kernel and related files: (done)
kernels/generic/bzImage kernels/generic/modloop.cmg kernels/generic/initramfs/ kernels/generic/bootimages/ kernels/vs/bzImage kernels/vs/modloop.cmg kernels/vs/initramfs/ kernels/vs/bootimages/ ...
- Create a mini kernel with just host bridge drivers (pci), net drivers and disk stuff. (done)
- Create a minimal iso image for install to disk from network.
- Create a package with keyboard layout files.
- setup-kbd script that selects keyboard and copies it to /etc/somewhere (so it gets committed to floppy)
- move packages/aports directory to aports/. There will never be more then apks for now. Create the filelist dynamically.
- run mdev in initramfs image and remove ash if possible.
- port openbsd's sendbug (in progress)
- port openbsd's rcs (suspended until uclibc issues are resolved)
- Fix webinterface to GNAT's bugtracker.
- Create a HOWTO section where people can post articles on how they set up specific configurations.
- Change the stylesheets to give the website a more unique touch. (low priority)
- new wiki site using haserl
- Scripts to automatic download latest buildroot, packages and build scripts and build an iso. Run this script every night and send the status of the process somwhere.
- integrate/fix gzsign and sign packages
- release apk-tools-1.0
- apk-tools-2.0 (C version)
Items needed to be done in longer term:
- port openbsd spamd and integrate with ipsets/shorewall
- Some kind of modularized installer that permits users to create their own installers. Something that read "pre-seeds" or configure Alpine boxes from pre-generated textfiles. The software generating those setup config textfiles (pre-seeds) could be windows executables (wizards) that spits out a textfile to a floppy or a floppy image.
- Create a framework, using AJAX and the MVC (model-view-contoller) strategy. Something that could be re-used by other projects like LEAF.
- create webconf modules
Those items are low priority, but would be nice to have.
- Support for full harddisk installation (run everything from harddisk)
- DONE: Support for hybrid harddisk installations (run OS from USB drive/cdrom and mount /var on disk(s))
- DONE: Support for raid (hardware and software)
- Ship some documentation on the CD
- A list of commands that are unique for Alpine (like lbu_add, lbu_commit, etc... - this is what a "newbie" linux user asked for)