Talk:Tutorials and Howtos
SSL + CA
Documentation on how to replace the ACF Web SSL keys with ones from the ACF CA interface.
stuff which is not easy to find out: boot vs. sysinit, why is fsck not enabled per default on a disk based install?
20:57, 1 January 2012 (UTC)
Sorting / Categories:
I wonder if we shoudl tag articles (categories) and have an category index here
- I guess this will be needed sooner or later so my short answer is YES. - Any suggestions for categories? BTW please add ~~~~ or --~~~~ at the end of your talk text to add your signature and time mark. Thanks --K0gen 14:32, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
there are probably more --Ncopa 04:33, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
How about adding a network monitoring category to the list? Jbilyk 22:23, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
- Sure. Maybe just monitoring? Then we can include disk monitoring etc. --Ncopa 01:31, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
a template for obsolete?
Would it be an idea to have a template for obsolete docs?
We could also include a category obsoletethere so we can quickly find all outdated docs. --Ncopa 09:18, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
- Check out my candidates for Under construction and Obsolete templates. If You like it, tweak them, fix them, use them :) --K0gen 04:34, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
a template for Alpine-version tested doc
Many docs/howtos are related to some specific version(s) of Alpine and might or might not apply for some specific version of Alpine. I think it would be a good idea to have some template (and maybe a tag) that shows which (latest) Alpine release this doc has proven to work. With such information in a doc/howto it's quite easy to either test/update it for a newer release of of Alpine or mark the doc obsolete. -- Mhavela 16:26, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- This is interesting idea. We should also think about dealing with changes in futures Alpine Linux versions and how to address documentation and changes that appear for them. I've started working on something but I need Ideas, hints or examples. Should it be on the top or bottom? Right or left, big or small? You know what I mean... --K0gen 03:14, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
Do we really want a category HOWTO? I think its too general to be useful. --Ncopa 07:47, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
- I say we skip the howto category for now. If we grow in 1000 howto's than maybe we can bring it back, but for now this category is pointless.--K0gen 03:14, 2 June 2010 (UTC)