StatusNet is the open source microblogging platform that helps you share and connect in real-time within your own domain. With StatusNet you can encourage collaboration, build and engage your community, and be in command of your brand.
Install lighttpd and PHP
Install the additional packages:
Start lighttpd service and add to needed runlevel
MySql and pcre
Create the StatusNet database
Create a directory named webapps
Download the latest source code archive
Unpack the archive and delete it afterwards
Creating a .htaccess file
Change the folder persmissions
Create a symlink to the statusnet folder
Browse to: http://WEBSERVER_IP_ADDRESS/statusnet/install.php and install StatusNet by completing the information as appropriate from the web browser.
StatusNet Installation steps:
- Site settings
- Site name
- The name of your site
- Fancy URLsenable
- Fancy URL support detection failed, disabling this option. Make sure you renamed htaccess.sample to .htaccess.
- Database settings
- Hostname: localhost
- Database hostname
- Database type
- Name: statusnet
- Database name
- DB username: root
- Database username
- DB password: password
- Database password (optional)
- Administrator settings
- Administrator nickname
- Nickname for the initial StatusNet user (administrator)
- Administrator password
- Password for the initial StatusNet user (administrator)
- Confirm passwordAdministrator e-mail
- Optional email address for the initial StatusNet user (administrator)
- Subscribe to announcements
- Release and security feed from firstname.lastname@example.org (recommended)
After click on Submit button, you will see:
Starting installation... Checking database... Changing to database... Running database script... Adding SMS carrier data to database... Adding notice source data to database... Adding foreign service data to database... Writing config file... Could not set up subscription to email@example.com. An initial user with the administrator role has been created. StatusNet has been installed at http://10.69.64.11/statusnet DONE! You can visit your new StatusNet site (login as 'danieloc'). If this is your first StatusNet install, you may want to poke around our Getting Started guide.
You have StatusNet microblogin working, to access go to http://WEBSERVER_IP_ADDRESS/statusnet and enjoy!