The installation of gitolite is relatively easy on alpine Linux. Bellow is the method to install gitolite on a user account.
- Log into root user
- On your local machine make a ssh key
- Next run on your local machine
- On the remote machine type
- you will receive an error message, to fix add the path it gives you in a new file called .bash_profile.
- add the line and save Ctrl+X
- logout and then back into the git user
- on your local machine you can now
- on your local machine you can now edit your config files then commit them and push them back to the server
Im a brand new alpine user and was able to get it working using the above instructions, hope this will help someone else!