The installation of Gitolite is relatively easy on Alpine Linux. Below is the method to install Gitolite on a user account.
- Log into root user
- On your local machine make a ssh key
- Next, run on your local machine
- On the remote machine type
- You will receive an error message. To fix this, add the path it gives you in a new file called
- Add the line and save - Ctrl+X.
- Logout and then log back into the git user
- On your local machine you can now
- On your local machine you can now edit your config files, commit them, and push them back to the server.
I'm a brand new Alpine user and was able to get it working using the above instructions. Hope this will help someone else!