Alpine Linux:Site improvements
From Alpine Linux
- Front page: the bottom bar contains information that's mostly repetitive of stuff elsewhere on the page. Suggested changes:
- From the Alpine Linux block in bottom right corner, move the Contribute and FAQ links to the top menubar. (About is already there.) Then this block can be deleted.
- Delete the Wiki block in the bottom bar. The Installation link is already provided in the Downloads box in the middle of the page; the Misc References link is to a page that's not so useful anymore and is proposed for deletion; and the Tutorials and Howtos link can be omitted, it's on the wiki front page and sidebar already.
- Delete the Downloads block, since there are already two links to the Downloads page higher up on this page (in the top menubar and in the central Downloads box).
- The Services block is still useful, but can we present it in another way? For example, by putting it into a fourth box in the center of the page? Or by moving its contents to the top menubar? Then we wouldn't need the bottom page bar, just for this single element.
- Front page has no link to see older News items? Is any such page automatically generated? Might we at least manually generate it? I did create a wiki page with all the older release notes; at least all the ones I could find. See also Category:News.
- It would be nice if the Package Browser page were sortable, not just filterable. But that perhaps goes beyond a mere "design/layout improvment."