Some comments on the contents of this doc.
- The doc tells you to install both php-pgsql and php-pdo_pgsql. Are both really needed in case postgresql?
>Yes: http://drupal.org/requirements (see section called "Drupal 7 notes").
- The doc and tells you to install mysql and explains how to configure mysql. Nothing about configuring postgres. I think we should give user options: if postgrersql then... and if mysql then...
- The doc tells you to pick drupal-7.0. How about tell user to go to http://drupal.org/start and pick the latest/recommended version?
>Might also be an idea to put a "tested versions" table somewhere. Then user knows they can try the latest version at their own risk, or try one of the versions that's known to work. Version of lightty/php used might not hurt either...
- The doc tells you to install the webapp under /usr/share which I think is wrong. Only apk packages should install stuff there. Might be better to put it in /var/www some place.
- The doc tell you to chmod -R 777. which means everybody can modify everything. Is that really correct? Could we narrow it down so lighttpd user have write access to only the dirs it needs? (for logs and upload file data or whatever)
In the sites/default directory, copy the default.settings.php file and rename the copied file to settings.php. cp sites/default/default.settings.php sites/default/settings.php Give the web server write privileges (666 or u=rw,g=rw,o=rw) to the configuration file. chmod a+w sites/default/settings.php Give the web server write privileges to the sites/default directory. chmod a+w sites/default
--Ncopa 02:00, 31 August 2011 (UTC)